Full-Time Software Developer
For our Italian office, we’re looking for a Software Developer / Business Systems Developer to enhance our Applications team.
Quixant is a global leader in sector-specific technology manufacturing with around 200 staff and offices in Europe, North America, and Asia. This role is to be based at our software development hub in the Rome area.
Substantial growth both prior to and during the pandemic has increased the demand for BI and analytics to improve strategic and operational decision making. This has led to a review of the global IT team structure and the creation of several new roles.
As a Business Systems Developer you will be responsible for designing and implementing applications and system integrations to support and refine our commercial and technical operations.
Digital transformation activities are creating demand for greater sophistication in our internal and customer-facing web platform, and the successful candidates will have the opportunity to shape this aspect of our business.
• Designing, scoping and coding web applications to support commercial operations as required.
• Use application APIs to create integrations with internal and external systems across multiple Cloud platforms.
• Deploy, upgrade and optimise application servers, containers and serverless platforms as required to maintain security and implement new functionality.
• Develop enhancements and add-ons for our key applications (ERP, CRM, MES, PLM)
• Provide 2nd line application support as required as part of the global IT function.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Relevant computer science / data science or maths degree OR minimum of 5 years in a similar role.
• 3+ years developing web systems in a commercial environment. Ideally building intranet portals / platforms.
• Working with multiple methodologies, especially agile / scrum derived
• Previous API / application integration experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Fluent oral and written communication in English
• Relational database query languages – SQL, SAP HANA, Oracle
• Coding skills in .Net (C#, J#), PHP, Python
• Code control and versioning with Git or similar
• Highly numerate and analytical
• Front-end development experience
• BDD/TDD experience pairing and continuous integration
• Advanced level Excel skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Confidence articulating reports to senior stakeholders.
• Resourcefulness – ability to work as part of a team or unattended to find information and ask questions to gain the required data.
• Exposure to Oracle Agile PLM
• ERP Experience, ideally SAP Business One suite
• Exposure to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
• Exposure to Atlassian Jira / Confluence products.
• Knowledge of AWS platform and architecture
• Microsoft Certified
• Additional foreign language skills, especially Mandarin, German or Japanese
Modalità di lavoro: Ibrida